We’re delighted to confirm some changes to the Golden Arrow Marine Senior Management Team
After 30 plus years at Golden Arrow Marine, Martin Bizzell has retired from his role as Engineering Director, under his leadership the company saw huge growth and his personal dedication, coupled with expert knowledge, ensures a prosperous future for the company.
We’re also delighted to announce the following changes to our senior management team!
- Paul Dean joins as Head of Engineering. Paul brings a wealth of knowledge and experience from his previous roles at ZF and Finning, working with a range of leading engineering brands such as Caterpillar. With over 25 years of experience Paul will take the helm and continue to develop the business, with a particular focus on the Volvo Penta, Torqeedo, Humphree, Smartgyro and Yamaha products and services; but with a view to expand and build upon the companies’ commercial services, stabilisation products and generator offerings – both within the UK and internationally.
- Lance Arnold, who has been in position as a Branch and Business Development manager for over 2 years at Golden Arrow Marine, and in the marine industry for over 20 years, will expand his role to cover both Swanwick and Southampton Branches. Southampton holds the largest engineering workshop and dynamometer test facilities in the south coast.
- Tom Bettle has been appointed to Technical Sales and New Product Development and joins Simon Leppard and Richard Burnett to complete the new business development team. Tom has over 20 years marine experience in both a sales and engineering capacity and is perfectly placed to help lead and develop products in emerging markets such as Electric & Sustainable Propulsion.
- Alex Hayward has been promoted to Service Manager at our Poole Branch, expanding his role within the company. With previous experience working across two of our busy branches, Alex is the perfect candidate to continue providing excellent service and standards for the business. Working alongside Andy Bull, who manages the large parts department, the Poole Branch has the right people in place to ensure the busy demands of working in the second largest natural harbour in the world are met.
- Dave Atkinson remains the helm of our Portsmouth Branch, with over 16 years of expertise at Golden Arrow Marine, and 8 at our Port Solent Branch, Dave is an invaluable member of our team. The Branch focuses on Volvo Penta parts and services as well as Honda Marine and Torqeedo sales and service.
Nick Smith, Managing Director of Salterns Marina Ltd (parent company of Golden Arrow Marine) states: ‘On behalf of everyone across the Salterns group of companies we’d like to publicly thank Martin Bizzell for his enormous commitment and management of this high performing part of the business – he helped Golden Arrow Marine constantly strive forward, grow and evolve and he leaves behind a great legacy. I’m confident Paul Dean and the new senior management team can continue to deliver the high level of standards Martin so proficiently achieved at each of our south coast branches.
Paul Dean, Head of Engineering states: ‘I’m delighted to be joining a company that has such a long standing history and reputation for marine engineering excellence. Its Volvo Penta Centre status as well as the new opportunities with Torqeedo and Smartgyro really provide enormous opportunities for 2023 and beyond. Having worked with leading engineering brands across the UK I’m also relishing the challenge to expand into more global and commercial marine markets’.
Engineer development and training is a key priority for us in 2023 and we’re currently recruiting for engineers at each of the four branches; Southampton, Swanwick, Portsmouth and Poole. Please get in touch at email@example.com for further information.