Volvo Penta D13-MH IMO III is an in-line 6-cylinder, 12.8-liter, diesel engine using a high-pressure unit injector system, overhead camshaft, and a twin-entry turbo using a water-cooled exhaust manifold, and miller timing. This contributes to world-class fuel efficiency and excellent operating economy, combined with very low emissions. It´s designed to cope with high back pressure and high-sulphur fuel – up to 1,000 ppm. The SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) exhaust after treatment system is tailored for a perfect fit. The SCR unit, also a silencer, reduces noise by 35-40 dBA. Volvo Penta has been able to fulfil IMOIII exhaust emission targets while maintaining the same low fuel consumption. And thanks to SCR, the engine power output remains unaffected.
SOLID AND ROBUST
The engine is designed and built to be immensely strong, with a rigid cast-iron cylinder block and cylinder head. This gives high reliability and long-term durability
UNIQUE MARINE TORQUE
The unique marine torque of the Volvo Penta diesel engines stands out among the competition by offering increased load-carrying capability, rapid acceleration, and the ability to maintain a high cruising speed, irrespective of load or sea state.
HIGH FUEL EFFIECIENCY
The high-tech fuel injection system helps make the engine highly fuel efficient. The control unit monitors several parameters which reduces the overall fuel consumption.
WORLD CLASS PERFORMANCE
Together, the engine’s large swept volume and the electronic management system result in a very smooth-running engine with world-class diesel performance, low fuel consumption and low emission levels.
ELECTRONIC CONTROL SYSTEMS
Volvo Penta offers two type-approved systems for on-board electronic control. Electronic Vessel Control fully integrates the engines, electronics and a range of optional features. Marine Commercial Control System is an open system that is easily integrated into the ship’s control system.
LONG SERVICE LIFE
A propulsion system from Volvo Penta is easy to maintain. Our comprehensive range of high-quality oil, lubrication and coolant ensures uptime and top performance in the long term. Accessories include a fuel pre-filter to keep the engine in good condition.
For the first year, the warranty covers the complete engine package. Extended coverage available for up to full 5 years / 8000hrs at additional cost.
– High-pressure fuel injectors
– Electronic controls are standard
– Easily accessible service points
– Low noise level and fuel consumption
– Solid and robust engine design
– Miller inlet valve timing
– Heavy-duty engine cover
– Instrumentation with full Electronic Vessel Control functionality
– Fast response to load variations
– Approved by major classification societies
– Reliable performance for maximal uptime
– PTO capability
– SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) exhaust after treatment system, Aqueous UREA solution 32% or 40%
– Wide range of exhaust after treatment system installation options available
– Emissions Compliance IMO NOx Tier III, EPA Tier III