Volvo Penta IPS1050 is a perfectly matched package, powered by the in-line 6 cylinder D13, a 12.8 litre, common-rail diesel with twin entry turbo, and supercharger for incredible, low rpm response. Working together with a perfectly matched IPS3 pod, twin counter-rotating propellers and the Electronic Vessel Control system, this package offers excellent manoeuvrability, long action range and low emissions.
Steerable pods provide superior slow-speed maneuverability and excellent high-speed handling. Docking is easy and safe, even in confined spaces. The outstanding maneuverability also leads to efficient driver response and high safety.
Immediate response and high performance is matched by lower amounts of noise and vibrations further reduced by the balance shaft and the optimized engine suspension
The engine and pod system is designed for low noise and pleasant on board environment. A combined rubber suspension and seal absorb propulsion forces and vibrations. And all exhaust fumes are emitted through the pods and into the prop wash for improved comfort
ELECTRONIC VESSEL CONTROL
Volvo Penta Electronic Vessel Control fully integrates the engines, electronics and the unique set of optional features, such as Joystick Docking, Dynamic Positioning System, Glass Cockpit and more. e-Key is standard. The system also includes built-in redundancy to ensure there is always a backup system at hand.
COMPACT, ROBUST AND LIGHTWEIGHT PACKAGE
The engine is lightweight and extremely compact for its large swept volume and high output. The rigid cast-iron cylinder block and cylinder head, and exactly controlled fuel injection give excellent on board comfort. The engine and pod forms a compact, robust and highly efficient package that is easy to install. This gives excellent reliability and long-term durability
LOW FUEL CONSUMPTION
The high-tech fuel injection system helps make the engine highly fuel efficient. The control unit monitors several parameters which reduces the overall fuel consumption.
LONG SERVICE LIFE
A propulsion system from Volvo Penta is easy to maintain. Our comprehensive range of high-quality oil, lubrication and coolant ensures uptime and top performance in the long term. Accessories include a fuel pre-filter to keep the engine in good condition.
For the first 2 years, the warranty covers the complete engine package and for the following 3 years, major components. Accessories bought simultaneously with engines will also benefit from an extended warranty period. Extended coverage available for full 5 years at additional cost.
– Totally integrated system from helm to propeller
– Unique, steerable pods
– Integrated seawater and exhaust system
– Twin rubber suspension and sealing rings plus soft-suspended engines
– Patented, counter-rotating propellers Close
– Electronic steering, enabling features such as joystick manoeuvring
– Hydraulic gear shift system with Low-speed mode as standard
– Nickel-bronze-aluminium alloy and stainless steel in all main underwater components
– Complete range of propellers available, covering boat speeds from 20 to 40 knots
– Several optional jackshaft lengths
– Electronically controlled common rail fuel system
– Compact dimensions
– Electronic controls are standard
– Easily accessible service points
– Solid and robust engine design
– Integrated balance shaft
– Heavy-duty engine cover
– Instrumentation with full Electronic Vessel Control functionality
– Emissions Compliance IMO NOx Tier II, EU RCD Stage II, US EPA Tier 3