ZF 2 Speed (TS) Series gearbox
ZF offers a wide range of lightweight and robust gearbox transmissions suitable for all types of engines and propulsion systems, covering every application, such as motor yachts, cruisers, sport fishing vessels, watersports boats and sail boats, but also patrol boats, fishing and small commercial vessels.
The 2-speed (TS) series transmissions have been developed for applications, where optimum acceleration, safety and manoeuvrability are determining factors. These 2-speed, power-shift, reverse reduction marine transmissions are equipped with a planetary step-up gear on the power input side and electric shift from first to second speed.
The transmissions are made of a robust yet lightweight sea-water resistant aluminium alloy housing. Gear selection is by hydraulically selected multi-plate friction clutch providing a smooth and reliable engagement. The output shaft thrust bearings of these transmissions are designed to take maximum propeller thrust ahead and astern. Full power in the both rotations allows for handed propellers in a twin installation.
All the gears are calculated and optimized for minimum noise and maximum strength, case hardened with precisely ground gear teeth for long life and smooth running. There are a number of ratio options for each model ensuring optimum match to engine and vessel. The transmissions are compatible with all types of engines and propulsion systems, including waterjets and surface-piercing propellers. All of ZF Marine’s transmission design, manufacture and quality control standards meet ISO 9001.
ZF 2-speed (TS) marine gearboxes are available in parallel output, down angle (A) and integral V drive (IV) for pleasure and light duty commercial applications.
Engine Power/RPM calculations together with desired ratio and application are required to select correct gearbox model. Please contact us to ensure correct ZF approved model selection.
• Highly intermittent operation with very large variations in engine speed and power.
• Average engine operating hours limit: 300 hours/year for M series
• Typical hull form: Planing and displacement
• Applications: Private, non-commercial, non-charter, leisure activities, no racing
• Intermittent operation with large variations in engine speed and power.
• Average engine operating hours limit: 2000 hours/year for gearboxes smaller than ZF2000 series. 2500 hours/year for ZF2000 series upwards.
• Typical hull form: Planing and semi displacement
• Applications: Private, charter, sport/leisure activities, government applications, no racing