ZF Hydraulic Series gearbox
ZF offers a wide range of robust hydraulic shift gearbox transmissions suitable for all types of engines, propulsion systems and applications covering every application, such as motor yachts, cruisers, sport fishing vessels, watersports boats and sail boats, patrol boats, fishing and heavy duty commercial vessels.
The transmissions are made of a robust yet lightweight sea-water resistant aluminium alloy housing. Gear selection is by hydraulically selected multi-plate friction clutch providing a smooth and reliable engagement. The output shaft thrust bearings of these transmissions are designed to take maximum propeller thrust ahead and astern with full power available in both rotations (except for ZF45C, ZF45IV, ZF48IV & ZF63C), in a twin installation with hydraulic shift transmissions it is possible to run handed propellers.
All the gears are calculated and optimized for minimum noise and maximum strength, case hardened with precisely ground gear teeth for long life and smooth running. There are numerous ratio options for each model ensuring optimum match to engine and vessel. The transmissions are compatible with all types of engines and propulsion systems, including waterjets and surface-piercing propellers.
ZF Marine gearbox model configurations include parallel output, down angle output (A), integral V drive (IV), remote V drive (V), coaxial output (C) and drop centre output. All of ZF Marine’s transmission design, manufacture and quality control standards meet ISO 9001.
ZF Marine gearboxes are equipped with SuperShift2 mechanical / hydraulic clutch control system operated by solenoid valves. The system incorporates standard components only and does not require electronic controls. This insures the maximum possible durability and dependability.
Options available include Power Take-Off (PTO) and Trolling valves. Some models are available as Hybrid ready with Power Take-In (PTI).
ZF45, ZF45A, ZF45C, ZF45IV, ZF45-1, ZF45-1IV
ZF63, ZF63A, ZF63C, ZF63IV
ZF286, ZF286A, ZF286IV
ZF360, ZF360A, ZF360IV
ZF550-1, ZF550-1A, ZF550-1V
ZF665, ZF665A, ZF665V
ZF2000, ZF2000A, ZF2000V
ZF2050, ZF2050A, ZF2050V
ZF2060, ZF2060A, ZF2060V
Engine Power/RPM calculations together with desired ratio and application are required to select correct gearbox model. Please contact us to ensure correct ZF approved model selection.
• Highly intermittent operation with very large variations in engine speed and power.
• Average engine operating hours limit: 500 hours/year
• Typical hull form: Planing and displacement
• Applications: Private, non-commercial, non-charter, leisure activities, no racing
• Intermittent operation with large variations in engine speed and power.
• Average engine operating hours limit: 2000 hours/year for gearboxes smaller than ZF2000 series. 2500 hours/year for ZF2000 series upwards.
• Typical hull form: Planing and semi displacement
• Applications: Private, charter, sport/leisure activities, government applications, no racing
• Intermittent operation with some variations in engine speed and power.
• Average engine operating hours limit: 3500 hours/year for gearboxes smaller than ZF2000 series. 4000 hours/year for ZF2000 series upwards.
• Typical hull form: Semi displacement and displacement
• Applications: Charter and commercial craft (eg Crew boats), sport/leisure activities, government applications
• Continuous operation with little or no variations in engine speed and power.
• Average engine operating hours limit: Unlimited
• Typical hull form: Displacement
• Applications: Heavy duty commercial vessels (eg Trawlers, Tugs)