We have a vacancy for a qualified Marine Engineer to join the team based at our Southampton branch to carry out service, diagnostic, repair, overhaul and installation work on site and at our workshops.
Our Southampton branch is main dealer for MAN, Perkins, ZF, Humphree, Kohler and Northern Lights. It also supports our award winning Volvo Penta Centre branches at Poole & Portsmouth. Our customer base is broad ranging from individual boat owners and operators to major UK boat builders including leisure and commercial marine sectors.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Have completed a Marine Engineering Apprenticeship to City & Guilds/NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Have recent experience and knowledge of the products we represent and ideally have attended manufacturers training courses.
- You must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of equipment and systems on boats of up to 40m and ideally of the engine and gearbox brands we represent.
- You must have excellent problem solving and diagnostic capabilities together with knowledge of marine electrics, engine management systems and general boat systems.
- You must have experience of carrying out engine and transmission overhauls and refurbishment to the highest standards.
- You must be able to demonstrate you work to the highest standards un-supervised and take responsibility for your work. An uncompromising approach to quality of work and customer satisfaction is essential.
- Continual development and training is provided for the products we represent, with in-house and manufacturer instructor lead courses.
- You must reside local to our Southampton branch which will be the main place of work, or be prepared to relocate to the area. The job is based mainly along the South coast, however when required travel within the UK and overseas with nights away is a requirement for this position. A service van with fuel card is provided to our engineers and this is available for personal use.
To apply for this position, please email your C.V. and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org